Centrally Sponsored Schemes
Centrally Sponsored Schemes:
1) Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM)
Following are components of the Mission:
a) Social Mobilization & Institutional Development (SM&ID): Create improvement in livelihoods on a sustainable basis through building strong grassroots level institutions of the poor such as Self Help Groups (SHG’s), Area Level
b) Federations (ALF’s) and City Level Federation. Providing one time Revolving Fund to SHG’s & ALF’s.
c) Capacity Building Programme: To build the Capacity of grassroot level institutions by creating informatory & educational organizing programmes.
Employment through Skill Training & Placement (EST&P): To reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities.
d) Self-Employment Programme (SEP): Providing Individual & Group loans with interest subsidy of over & above 7% of prevailing interest rate.
e) Support to Urban Street Vendor (SUSV): The mission addresses livelihood concerns of the urban street vendors by facilitating access to suitable spaces, institutional credit, social security and skills to the urban street vendors for accessing emerging market opportunities.
f) Shelter for Urban Homeless: The mission aims at providing shelters equipped with essential services to the urban homeless in a phased manner.
2. Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban)
Following are the Mission Objectives:
a) Elimination of open defecation
b) Eradication of Manual Scavenging
c) Modern and Scientific Municipal Solid Waste Management
To effect behavioral change regarding healthy sanitation practices
Generate awareness about sanitation and its linkage with public health
Capacity Augmentation for ULBs
To create an enabling environment for private sector
Following are the Mission Components:
Household toilets, conversion of insanitary latrine to sanitary latrine.
Solid Waste Management
IEC & Public Awareness
Capacity Building and Administrative & Office Expenses
Pradhan Mantri Awas – Yojana (Housing for All)
• In-Situ Slum Redevelopment using land as resource - Rehabilitation of slum dwellers with participation of private developers using land as a resource. Slum Rehabilitation grant of Rs.1 lakh average per house is admissible.
• Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme - Promotion of affordable housing for weaker section through Credit Link subsidy Scheme (CLSS) by providing interest subsidy at the rate of 6.5% for loan upto Rs.6 lakhs.
• Affordable housing in partnership - Supply side intervention where Central Assistance at the rate of Rs.1.5 lakh per EWS house would be provided.
• Beneficiary-led individual housing construction or enhancement - For those beneficiaries who could not avail benefit under the above three verticals. Central assistance of Rs.1.5 lakh would be provided.